2011年9月26日 星期一

Preschool Kids-One of those who changes the world.

Preschool kids are naughty and full of energy! They could spend all day just to jump, shout, and running around. They are cute but sometimes act like evil! Preschool children are NAIVE  :)


Preschool learners are not mature enough; therefore, sometimes teacher needs to spend more time on understanding what they are thinking and what is best way to teach and to communicate with them. I, myself, is interested in teaching learners who are from K-12. As a result, I found this blog interesting. 

Teacher Tom- One of those who changes the world.

Teacher Tom is a preschool teacher. He spend time on writing blogs about his preschool children, like what he design for his learners, how they react in or out of the classroom, and how to teach them. Because of his hard working, he receive the Best Teacher Blog at year 2010. From his blog, I could understand and learn a lot about how preschool students are like and they behave. It really helps me to prepare for the future class. I was so impressed and excited when I found this blog. The reason is because that his blog not only write in words but also have pictures about children. It really catch my eyes and would want to keep reading. For my future, I don't expect myself as a super teacher on preschool area. However, I expect myself as a teacher who understand my students and provide as much help as I could.

This post is talking about a little girl who is 5-year-old and said " You can't play..." with her classmates. From this article, I started to think about how this might happen in my future classroom. Kids started to develop their relationship as soon as they get in to school. This is when they begin to learn how to get along with each other. However, they might fight, argue, or yell at each other sometimes. Then, at this time, how teacher behave and react is very important. We will have to talk to not only kids, but also his/her family to understand what is actually going on. As my experiences, I had saw some teachers would just yell at the children and ask them to stop saying this. However, it would not help but will hurt kids' feeling. What we should do instead is to talk to the students and let her/his to know it is not right to say like that, it should be like.... Teacher Tom had mention about a book "You Can't Say You Can't Play' which was written by Vivian Gussin Paley rule. This book talks about the rules for students. I think I will try to find the book and read what is in there!!. 



沒有留言: